Sunday, April 18, 2010

North to Alaska!


I just returned from Kotzebue, Alaska where I was able to observe our men and women in uniform as they provided medical care to people in remote villages. Operation Arctic Care 2010 was sponsored this year by the Air Force with more than 250 people participating. There will be more to come as I sort through photos, sketches, and yes, emotions, too. It was truly an honor and an adventure, and as part of the Air Force Art Program I'll be creating more than one painting to submit to the Air Force. Meantime, it's late, there are more than 500 photos to sort through and I still have to bake cookies for our Sweet Adelines Chorus installation meeting tomorrow. Yawn. After all the cool stuff last week, who can sing?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and feedback.