Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A new print?


Finally finished the painting that shares my memories of Operation Arctic Care in Kotzebue, Alaska last spring. I was only there two days, and there was so much going on, it was difficult to select just 12 images for the 12 villages that were actually visited by our service men and women on the medical teams. There will be more paintings to come on an individual basis, but for now, this montage will be scanned and printed once it is dry. More information on the number in the edition as well as the price will follow. Meantime, I am teaching beginning drawing through Peninsula College. This short "blitz" of basics will be followed by six weeks of using water soluble oil paints (not acrylic- water soluble OIL) followed by three weeks of figure drawing basics. After that, spring will be in full bloom and I hope to get out and do some plein air painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and feedback.