Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Rear View Mirror


Here I am in the studio working on a painting to commemorate Operation Arctic Care 2010 and wearing my boots from The Boot Campaign. Check their website-www.bootcampaign.com. It's a great program and I love wearing my boots! In the past several weeks life went into crescendo and is now beginning to level off a little. The week of September 13-17 I attended a class in Composite Drawing for Law Enforcement hosted by the Federal Way Police Department. It was a revelation in drawing the human face. We learned a lot about facial features as well as witness interviewing. There were 15 students in various stages of education and we received a certificate from Stuart Parks Forensic Associates confirming our accomplishments. It was one of those "bucket list" things for me, but the more we learned, the more I find that I would like to offer my services in this area. Returned home to full swing rehearsals for the chorus show! Our quartet sang "When I'm 64." Everyone involved did a great job and the audience was so very appreciative. Performing is great fun, and this is a carryover from the glory days of community theater and dance recitals in Kodiak. It is, however, easier for me to dance on stage than say lines. Now I am so far behind it is a mystery as to where to start catching up. Commission is finished, four paintings mailed off to a client in Alaska, quartet is learning a new song, time to start working on pieces for the Coast Guard Art Program deadline, and we are contemplating a visit to the Coast Guard Air Station in Astoria soon. Life is good and there are so many wonderful things to see and do! We are truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and feedback.